lunes, 23 de mayo de 2011

Kindle Freebie - is it worth it?



The short answer is yes. Two weeks in and between the UK and US, A Guiding Light has ben downloaded over 3000 times. Yes, I know that a fair proportion of downloads were done in a frantic few days as people thought that Amazon would repeat previous promotions and pull the free books after a week or so. Not happened yet.

After the first rush, there has been a steady stream of new interest, with the UK doubling the first week's numbers in week two. Some people must like AGL, as they have bought Sudden Dearth and A Leap Of faith too. Not in any way to the same level - yet. And that is where you get my definite yes on the worth of this promotion. 3000 new people have a copy of my book; it may already be read, deleted, discarded or even cherished, but there is the fact that Amazon have given me phenomenal exposure in comparison to my other efforts.

Long may it continue in the SF and Horror Top 20 - I just hope they discount the Wildwose too, then we'd be moving!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario